Re: [sensors] Proximity Events

From: Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 10:13:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: "N.V.Balaji" <nv.balaji@samsung.com>
Cc: ext Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, public-device-apis@w3.org, Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>, Dzung D ext Tran <dzung.d.tran@intel.com>, ext Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>

> I am still unclear about the purpose of min/max values.

Min might be always zero, so I can see how it might not be very important on its own.  Max allows you to determine the range of the physical sensor. value=5cm max=5cm means the user is at or beyond the max range of the sensor.  This result is quite different than value=5cm max=100cm.

> The reason for the event to bubble is also unclear.

These APIs are based on DOM events.  See http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Events/events.html

Doug