Re: [sensors] Device Proximity (was: Device light and proximity sensor)

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:39:57 +0300
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: ext Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Hi,

On 10.5.2012, at 1.19, ext Robin Berjon wrote:

> If we're trying to do a generic distance sensor then we're missing at least a field to indicate multiple sensors triggering (which is not common on phones, but I believe is the norm on cars  yes, we have to get used to thinking about those too I'm afraid :).

This reminds me a bit of how multiple touch points are handled in the Touch interface. I added this as an issue to the spec so that it does not go unnoticed.

[I think everyone's fine with me annotating the draft with issues directly instead of using the issue tracker given this in still an unofficial draft. This way we'll surely get more eyeballs on the issues, although it may get a bit ugly.]

-Anssi