Re: [sensors] the near/far event names

From: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 10:36:40 -0700
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>

On May 11, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> What about going with what Robin suggested:
>
> window.addEventListener("proximity", function(e){});
>
> And the Event:
>
> e.min ...
> e.max ...
> e.value ...
> e.proximity = "far" || "near" ?

The drawback of this is that if you were just looking for changes in proximity, you might get many other events that aren't significant.  It probably isn't that big of a deal.  It would also allow savoy web developers to determine what the UA's definition of near and far is.

I am happy if we just add this as an optional attribute and move.

Thoughts?