Re: System Level APIs draft proposal

On Friday, May 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Poussa, Sakari wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I really like and support the idea of new WG and its draft charter.
>
> Below is my take on the topics discussed in this thread:
>
> - Separate group: Taking the OS level APIs in new group is good since DAP
> can continue its current charter and no rechartering needed. Also, it is a
> clean start. Agenda is big but I believe we have enough interest so we can
> find editors and implementation support. F.ex, Tizen has already specs and
> implementation for half of the APIs, and B2G has the other half. That is a
> fairly good start.

If you want to do this quickly, you could just add the new APIs to the Native Web Apps CG for the time being. Everything is all set up and ready to go there. The PhoneGap guys are also there, which could also potentially benefit from this standardization effort. In the mean time, the process to get the "real" WG set up could be put in motion, which usually takes a couple of months. Just my 2c.

--
Marcos Caceres