Device APIs Working Group Teleconference

07 Mar 2012


See also: IRC log


Frederick_Hirsch, Dzung_Tran, Anssi_Kostiainen, Deepanshu_Gautam, Bryan_Sullivan, Cathy_Chan, Miguel_Paraz, Niklas_Widell, SungOk_You, Claes_Nilsson, Clarke_Stevens, glenn
Robin_Berjon, Josh_Soref


<trackbot> Date: 07 March 2012

Glenn - regrets for the f2f due to travel plan changes...

<scribe> scribe: glenn

<fjh> ScribeNick: glenn


<fjh> Core Mobile Web Platform Community Group, http://www.w3.org/community/coremob/

<fjh> volunteers for FileAPI review? (Last Call expected soon), http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/

<fjh> "MediaStream Capture Scenarios" FPWD published, http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-capture-scenarios-20120306/

fjh: suggests looking at mediastream FPWD before the F2F if you have not already done so
... also request to review file api
... any volunteers to review?
... will leave request open, encourages volunteers

Minutes Review

<fjh> Approve minutes from 22 February 2012

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Feb/att-0069/minutes-2012-02-22.html (revised)

<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 22 February 2012 are approved.

RESOLUTION: Minutes from 22 February 2012 are approved

F2F Agenda

<fjh> Updated draft agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/F2F_Agenda_20-22_March_2012,_Shenzhen,_China

<fjh> WoPhone update, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Mar/0021.html

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Feb/0066.html

<fjh> Added some suggestions for preparation to the wiki, feel free to update.

fjh: add WoPhone update, please review
... please sent to public list any materials you plan to use, don't wait for f2f
... presentations, etc., please send in advance
... webintents draft, service discovery draft on agenda
... anyone able to talk about media capture?
... will check with chairs on TF
... moved battery, vibration, network info to afternoon of third day
... is there any open requests on agenda change? if so please remind
... not sure if/how video conf will work, ongoing discussion

<fjh> Daylight savings time inconsistency during F2F - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Feb/0077.html

fjh: be careful about time zones due to current changes

<fjh> ACTION-505?

<trackbot> ACTION-505 -- Robin Berjon to check on attendees for Web Intents -- due 2012-02-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/505

Sensor API

<fjh> DeviceOrientation Spec - possible replication, feedback to Geolocation WG?

<fjh> http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html

<fjh> InkML - http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-InkML-20110920/#inkSource

<fjh> List discussion, e.g. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Mar/0031.html

fjh: DeviceOrientation Spec - possible replication, feedback to Geolocation WG?
... possible to move some material to GeoLocation work

dtran: waiting for settling on list then start editing and post another draft
... will not be present at F2F

fjh: will moving things to device orientation spec be an issue?

dtran: doesn't think this is an issue
... will remove any redundant parts, to align

fjh: noted that mailing list said they weren't exactly same thing
... may need to coordinate

dtran: ok

fjh: suggests sending summary to list and plan of action

Network API update

<fjh> WebKit, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Feb/0064.html (Gyuyoung Kim)

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Feb/0076.html (Mounir)

<fjh> ACTION-411?

<trackbot> ACTION-411 -- Robin Berjon to reply to Jo about NetInfo -- due 2011-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/411

fjh: expects discussion at F2F

<fjh> ACTION-474?

<trackbot> ACTION-474 -- Adrian Bateman to make a proposal for Network Information API -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/474

<fjh> ACTION-475?

<trackbot> ACTION-475 -- Josh Soref to propose a new Network Info -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/475

<fjh> ACTION-476?

<trackbot> ACTION-476 -- Robin Berjon to aCTION sicking to propose a new Network Info -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/476

fjh: some actions need moved/closed, robin, josh, adrian tbds...
... expect will happen on mailing list

Battery, Vibration CR

<fjh> LC comment status (ACTION-508?) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Mar/0033.html

fjh: entered info into LC comments
... one item in tracker
... will process for scheduling transition call
... claes, anything to add?

claes: will review, and provide input on webintents for local services/networks

fjh: encourages input early before F2F
... needs to organize TF discussions, will contact TF chairs

Other APIs

fjh: no discussion at this time, please use mailing list

<bryan> who is working on NFC use cases?

bryan: NFC use cases, are they in scope, and what to discuss?
... in US, things are moving on NFC (Near Field Communication)
... fit into charter?

<fjh> topic to discuss at F2F, to see what is relevant and in scope


fjh: planning to have call next week in case topics relevant to F2F need discussion, but may cancel if not needed


fjh: adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009-03-02 03:52:20 $