Re: addEventListener and side effects (was: CfC to change Sensor approach, not progress current draft)

On Mar 22, 2012, at 10:20 AM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> Le jeudi 22 mars 2012 à 10:09 -0700, Doug Turner a écrit :
>> I am worried about consistency.
>
> I agree that consistency is important; but between consistency and doing
> the right thing, I think the latter takes precedence.

I don't think I agree as the 'right thing' isn't defined.  Sorry.

> I'm all for striving for consistency when two equivalent
> solutions exist, but if the addEventListener-with-side-effect is
> considered an inferior solution, I don't think we should push
> consistency with that approach.

I hope it is clear that I do not think addEventListener-with-side-effect is an inferior solution.  So, this is really the gist of our argument, isn't it?

Doug