Re: CfC to change Sensor approach, not progress current draft : OBJECTION

I note that in the F2F I requested Jose be provided with more specific
description of the benefits to security & privacy of distinct APIs (in
these specific cases, or others). It was agreed to provide that info,
which I think is necessary as those issues were one of the main concerns
expressed with the generic API.

One the "better design" assertions, the only significant argument I can
see there is that it easier to avoid superfluous API aspects (e.g.
Parameters that are useless or ambiguous for specific sensors) with
distinct APIs. Other than that, can we also have some other details on why
distinct APIs are better (again in the cases below or for other APIs).

Finally, are there any downsides of distinct APIs? (I can think of some,
but I want to hear what the proponents have to say)