From: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com [mailto:Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:52 AM
To: yuan.ji@nokia.com; snowboy@sk.com; jungkee.song@samsung.com;
sylvain.lalande@orange.com; jiyeon0402.kim@samsung.com;
jan.lindquist@ericsson.com; kenta.yasukawa@ericsson.com;
samarth.d@samsung.com; wayne.carr@intel.com; dongyoung.lee@lge.com;
soonbo.han@lge.com; diana.cheng@vodafone.com
Cc: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
Subject: Welcome to the DAP working group!

Ji,  MoonOK, Jungkee, Sylvain, Jiyeon, Jan, Kenta, Samarth, Wayne,
Dong-Young, Soonbo, Diana:

Welcome to the Device APIs Working Group!

If you have not already done so, please review the group charter  [1],   the
public working group page and its roadmap [2], and the  approved and draft
meeting  minutes [3]. The working group page has information on our meetings
[4], including our weekly teleconferences. You will want to use IRC at
meetings [5] and if  a dedicated IRC client does not work you can use the
web client [6].

All of our technical work is to be done on our public  mailing list (
public-device-apis@w3.org ) [7] and in our Media Capture task force [8] and
WebIntents task force [9].  Please note that mail for the task forces does
not appear on the DAP mailing list, so you have to join the task forces
explicitly to participate. The task forces may also have additional
teleconferences.

Our next face-face meeting is scheduled for next week in Shenzhen China,
20-22 March, please review the draft agenda and logistics information [10].

Please introduce yourself on this mailing list, indicating who you  are, why
you are interested in participating in the Device APIs  WG,  which parts of
the charter are of particular interest, your expectations, and where you
might be able to contribute.

Thank you, and welcome to the working group. It is good to see so much
interest in the work of the working group.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia;
Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/07/DeviceAPICharter