Re: Collection of bugs for sensor api - would like new WG draft with this cleanup

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 20:35:26 +0000
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
On 02/03/12 16:33, Nilsson, Claes1 wrote:

> Maybe I am misunderstanding your response but I don’t mean that the
> input type should not be present I just mean that the callback should
> not return a list of sensor objects. Instead the UA’s API
> implementation should implement a picker allowing the user to select
> the sensor to use. After the user has selected the sensor the callback
> is issued with only one sensor object, i.e. the object for the sensor
> that the user selected. This gives user control and fingerprinting
> without user control is not possible.
>
> I have no strong opinion on whether “search all types” should be
> allowed or not.

In some circumstances, I could envisage the user selecting multiple
sensors after the example set by the android apps that allow users to
explore what the various sensors available on a given device can
provide. For example, orientation, linear and rotational acceleration.
The UI for user selection could perhaps include select all, assuming the
user is comfortable with that.

--
Dave Raggett<dsr@w3.org>  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett