Re: Review Comments: Light Events

From: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:31:39 -0700
To: nv.balaji@samsung.com
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Thanks for the feedback!

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM, BALAJI NERELLA VENKATARAMANA <
nv.balaji@samsung.com> wrote:

>  Please find my comments:
>

> 1. I would suggest to change the title to "Ambient Light Events"

Happy to change the title of the spec.  The event names will remain the
same.

2. *Section 5.2:*

>          - Computing "lighting condition" (such as warm day, pitch dark
> etc...) from light value is non-trivial. Ligting condition corresponds to
> logarithm of Luminance. Therefore, it is better "lighting condition"
> parameter is added to the Light event.
>
>         - If it is not acceptable (as this information is redundant),  as
> an alternate, a note could be appended at the end explaining how the
> lighting condition could be arrived from the light value

What language would you use as a note to describe how the lighting
condition can be derived?

> 3. *Section 5.2.1*
>
>          - the unit of the value should be specified

Fixed.

> 4.  *Section 5.2.2*
>
>            - For all practical purposes, I beleive, the developer would be
> interested in events only when the lighting condition changes. Therefore,
> light event should be fired only when "lighting condition" changes. I have
> not tested the latest Firefox implementation on mobile. Could someone
> please let me know how often does it fire the event?

We fire when there is a change.  The UA determines when there is a
significant change.