Re: Light sensor - strawman proposal

Should be in ff14 on Android.  I did not do the backend for any desktop/laptops yet.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcos Caceres" <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
To: "Doug Turner" <dougt@mozilla.com>
Cc: "BALAJI NERELLA VENKATARAMANA" <nv.balaji@samsung.com>, public-device-apis@w3.org
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:37:22 AM
Subject: Re: Light sensor - strawman proposal

On Thursday, 12 July 2012 at 17:17, Doug Turner wrote:

> Please see:
>
> http://dougturner.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/device-light-sensor/
Ok, so if we go with the above:

[Constructor(DOMString type, optional LightEventInit eventInitDict)]
interface DeviceLightEvent : Event {
   readonly attribute double value;
}

dictionary LightEventInit : EventInit  {
   double value;
}

* Where "EventInit" is defined in DOM4.

And then one can still feature check using the DeviceLightEvent interface prototype object, which is nice:

if(window.DeviceLightEvent){ … }

Doug, BTW, your post implied that it should be in FF 15… I tried seeing if it was implemented in Aurora, but no joy. Any idea when the API might become available?

Kind regards,
Marcos