See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 18 January 2012
<scribe> scribe: Travis
fjh: Any announcements?
fjh: Approve last teleconference minutes
<fjh> Approve minutes from 4 January 2012
<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 4 January 2012 are approved.
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 4 January 2012 are approved.
fjh: Status of visa invitation letters, venue?
... WebIntents task force meeting at DAP F2F, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jan/0011.html
... Still need to get the Visa stuff straightened out...
... and about the passports.
... I expect to have a lot of folks calling in.
fjh: Response from Robin re invalid parameter handling via WebIDL: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jan/0012.html
... Plans to bring Vibration API to Last Call?
... Do we want to bring this to Last Call?
darobin: Suggest putting out CFC for last call.
... I'll do it.
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to put out a CfC for Vibration, ending next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/01/18-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-498 - Put out a CfC for Vibration, ending next week [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-01-25].
fjh: Status of Last Call comments (including proposal for changes from Anne) : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jan/0014.html
... Looking over list for status.
<fjh> LC-2574 (Additional proposal to consider) "events need to be queued using the task queue defined in HTML5
fjh: AVK had a suggestion on event Queueing
<fjh> LC-2577 (Proposal needed), no way to distinguish whether battery present
fjh: another issue was detecting if battery was present.
... I think we should resolve that issue on the list.
<scribe> ACTION: fjh to send closure notice on battery issue. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/01/18-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-499 - Send closure notice on battery issue. [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-01-25].
fjh: I'm a little confused about the Network information API...?
... I'm a little confused about the Bearer type.
... Seems like we should provide that.
darobin: current feedback is that there are a few use-cases where it might be useful, but are better addressed by a new proposal.
... the new proposal has fewer fingerprinting issues. I understand we'd adopt the newer model (not that much more complex).
... There were some examples of the API being used in poor ways (in the wild).
... General consensus seems to be dropping the old API and adopting the new one.
... And also we now have a volunteer to edit the new version.
fjh: Web page looks outdated...
darobin: Next step is for mounir to upload the new draft.
<darobin> ACTION: Mounir to upload a new draft of Network Information API [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/01/18-dap-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Mounir
<mounir> Josh_Soref: no but there are discussions about Mozilla joining DAP
<fjh> Travis has updated the scenarios document and has additional feedback
<fjh> poll for teleconference is out
The poll for Media Capture TF (select a time to have a telecom): > http://www.doodle.com/ymg3facibzaeg2bt
<darobin> close ACTION-498
<trackbot> ACTION-498 Put out a CfC for Vibration, ending next week closed
fjh: Work continues in that TF. No updates to discuss at the moment.
[ darobin has been elected to the TAG ]
darobin: For minimization, I'm going to take over for Dan Applequist; expand it to cover API design and privacy.
... looking for feedback/input from folks here as well.
glenn: Congratulations on joining the TAG, darobin
... Am willing to help on the minimization work if needed.
... We should figure out the priority action items and develop a plan to move them forward.
<fjh> Please review your actions at http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my
<darobin> [you can also use https://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/AuditForm to see what you're subscribed to]
fjh: Anyone else?
<Josh_Soref> trackbot, end meeting