Re: Battery Status API Last Call Feedback ( LC-2574)

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 16:39:37 +0100, <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:
> Please review it carefully and let us know by email at
> public-device-apis@w3.org if you agree with it or not before 10 January
> 2012. In case of disagreement, you are requested to provide a specific
> solution for or a path to a consensus with the Working Group. If such a
> consensus cannot be achieved, you will be given the opportunity to raise
> a formal objection which will then be reviewed by the Director during the
> transition of this document to the next stage in the W3C Recommendation
> Track.

I think it is okay, but I also think
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/battery-status.html#batterymanager-interface
could be clearer still. In particular:

* Conformance requirements with respect to the attributes could be merged.
E.g. "The attribute must be set to false if the battery is discharging"
and "When the battery charging state is updated, the user agent must queue
a task which sets the charging attribute's value" would be better if all
the requirements where in the latter statement and you would just define
the attribute as returning its value.

* In the list of attributes event handler attributes are listed as well,
except they are not defined there. They are defined in the next
subsection. Somewhat duplicitous if you ask me.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/