See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 01 February 2012
<scribe> Scribe: Josh_Soref
<darobin> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 January 2012 are approved.
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 January 2012 are approved.
... please make sure you've registered yourself
<fjh> Note that going back and forth to hong kong is not recommended
darobin: I don't think we have a WBS for the actual meeting
... we should probably set one up
... dsr, is that something you could take care of?
<fjh> At this point the meeting dates are fixed
dsr: yes, I can set that up
... i should also ask the hosts for their list
<darobin> ACTION: dsr to set up registration WBS for March f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/02/01-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-500 - Set up registration WBS for March f2f [on Dave Raggett - due 2012-02-08].
dsr: i'll take an action item
<fjh> might want to ask who plans to dial in voice and/or video
<fjh> announce WBS to task forces as well...
[ fjh's note is to dsr for the WBS ]
darobin: as fjh notes, we also need to send it to the Intents TF people
... so they can register
darobin: We had a few comments, but I don't think they invalidated the CfC
<darobin> proposed RESOLUTION: Move Vibration to LC
AnssiK: we had one comment
AnssiK: i'm not sure if it was before/after the CfC
... I replied to jlebar
... he had suggested dropping `optional`
... and removing the obsolete mozilla related items
darobin: Any objections to moving Vibration to LC?
[ None ]
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to publish Vibration LC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/02/01-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-501 - Publish Vibration LC [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-02-08].
RESOLUTION: Move Vibration to LC
darobin: Anything else on Vibration?
[ None ]
darobin: as you know, Mozilla has joined the Group
... welcome Mozilla
... since they were the reason we had a TF
... there doesn't seem to be a reason to retain the TF
<fjh> welcome to Mozilla, +1 to closing the Device Status TF
<darobin> proposed RESOLUTION: Merge TF back into group
darobin: it seems like a good idea to fold it back into the group
... the group + tf lists aren't high traffic, so there's no big need to keep them distinct/
... I don't know how the actual process of closing the TF is
... dsr ?
... maybe we just let it die and figure it out later?
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to figure out if anything is needed to close the DSTF; announce to the TF itself [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/02/01-dap-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-502 - Figure out if anything is needed to close the DSTF; announce to the TF itself [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-02-08].
<AnssiK> perhaps send a tombstone message to the TF ML to make sure people looking at the archives understand what happened?
darobin: Anything else on the TF?
<fjh> +1, announce work is now being done in main WG on public mailing list of DAP WG
Josh_Soref: welcome Mozilla to WG :)
darobin: this Agenda item was initially empty
... but mounir submitted a draft yesterday evening
darobin: I sent feedback
... i encourage everyone else who is interested to send feedback
Josh_Soref: I need to read it and send feedback
darobin: I'd like to publish a heartbeat
... perhaps next week
<AnssiK> +1 on publishing a heartbeat
darobin: since mounir isn't on the call, i'll prod him to see what he thinks
... if you have any feedback, it'd be good to provide it sooner rather than later
<AnssiK> are we able to add a disclaimer to the netinfo on /TR that it's being obsoleted?
darobin: Anything else?
... we probably don't need to as this one will replace this one
... as this one should have the same short name
... the previous one was in CVS, the new one is in Hg
... I think we're pretty safe
<fjh> +1 on publishing heartbeat, with clear sotd section about change
<AnssiK> that'd be great, I thing we should re-ignite the discussion on shelving docs
darobin: I started pushing tests for Vibration
... not necessarily very good
... and certainly not complete
... but the idea was to work on the template
darobin: i wanted to draw your attn to the way in which they're organized
darobin: W3C is working on a framework
... people can easily see the results of the tests
... and people can enter data directly
... right now we don't have a way to manage submissions
... we have approved/, submissions/ the same way that webapps does
... there's a tool being developed to organize (manage) the process
... if you're interested in the testing side, i recommend you look at this
... feedback welcome
<darobin> public-test-infra <email@example.com>
darobin: there's a thread on the testing infra list
darobin: essentially it documents the practices of developing tests
... in a common manner
... so all groups do things the same way
... and so that tests integrate with the tooling
... i encourage everyone to pay attn to this
... bryan is working on it
bryan: the email I sent
... I agreed to bring together documentation practices
... marcos had done this thing of integrating test assertions into spec markup
... looking back at what the QA WG did
... i'm trying to look back
... for the DAP specs
... we want to look and see what works for people
darobin: for DAP specs, we haven't marked up testable asserts/etc
... as you document these things
... it'd probably be helpful if you suggested the approach that makes the most sense
... the most frequently used/...
<Zakim> AnssiK, you wanted to ask about shelving docs
darobin: I'll talk to mounir on irc afterwards
AnssiK: a couple of months ago we almost reached a consensus about shelving
... last i checked they didn't have a disclaimer
... did this get stuck?
darobin: you're probably right
... the problem with it is that instead of doing my action items
... i've been doing yours (vibration)
AnssiK: is it ok if i do the shelving?
darobin: that'd be wonderful
Josh_Soref: i was probably supposed to give suggestions on the template text
bryan: look at the webapps-WebSQL
darobin: don't steal it completely
... we wanted to flag documents as
... things that when we do them would probably have a different design
... it isn't that we're giving up on the area, just the design
... just do something
... people can give comments after you do it
AnssiK: it's good to clear up things under w3.org to indicate they aren't "official do this"
[ None ]
[ Adjourn ]
trackbot, end meeting