Re: Core Mobile Web Platform Community Group

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:12:01 +0100
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: Suresh Chitturi <schitturi@rim.com>
On Feb 27, 2012, at 19:57 , Suresh Chitturi wrote:
> Thank you for the note. Looking at the CG home page, it is a bit unclear on how it relates to DAP.
> Does the scope of this CG include "device" APIs or is it just limited to the family of HTML5 specs (or Web Platform)?

Well, DAP is currently defined as being completely inside the web platform, and the CoreMob CG organises that (at a higher level than single specs) so anything that DAP produces is immediately potential material for CoreMob, and conversely CoreMob may come up with requirements for DAP to meet.

Coming up soon: I'm teaching a W3C online course on Mobile Web Apps
http://www.w3devcampus.com/writing-great-web-applications-for-mobile/