Re: [magnetic field event] Proposal for magnetic field event

On Friday, December 28, 2012, Doug Turner wrote:

> On 12/28/12 10:40 AM, Rick Waldron wrote:
> > These APIs absolutely need to move away from copying the
> > DeviceOrientation and DeviceMotion specs.
>
> I disagree.  I think for the sake of consistency, we should follow the
> pattern.

Just because there is a pattern, doesnt make it the right pattern. The
design is wrong and ill-fitting for JavaScript programs. Dispatching events
to an irrelevant global object is a sloppy and misguided approach that will
fail hard once there is more then on of any sensor type.

Rick