Re: Ambient Light Events Feedback

From: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:12:11 -0500
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
Cc: Brian Leroux <brianl@adobe.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com> wrote:

> On 12/18/12 5:59 PM, "Brian Leroux" <brianl@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> >+10000 to Device namespace. I moaned about this in the early DAP days but
> >that feedback was lost in a flurry of discussion about the 'danger of
> >adding new globals'.
>
> TBH, I think WebIDL wasn't equipped to handle namespacing until recently.
>
> Also, while we're on the bikesheding front, I'd prefer `Sensors` as a
> namespace.

Yes, this is far more desirable and is the choice I made for the analogous
API in Johnny-Five (singular, not plural, which is fine, because its not a
namespace, it's a constructor. Sensors here makes beautifully perfect
sense). I was just "going along to get along" since most of this is already
named "DeviceFoo".

Rick