See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 25 July 2012
<scribe> Scribe: Josh_Soref
darobin: anything people want to add to the agenda?
<Jungkee> I have one
Jungkee: i updated the ED of Pick Media
... the major change in the update is the Media Dictionary for MetaData
... i xxx some url
... we can talk about the next step including refinement of metadata dictionary
... and talk to service providers, etc.
darobin: do you want to discuss this on the call?
... or relegate it to the list?
Jungkee: we'll need some time to review the updated documents
... maybe we can schedule some time for next week's call?
<darobin> proposed RESOLUTION: discuss updated Pick Media next week
darobin: ok, we can talk about Pick Media next week
RESOLUTION: discuss updated Pick Media next week
<darobin> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from Burlington F2F are approved.
RESOLUTION: Minutes from Burlington F2F are approved.
darobin: i'm not sure we need to go over all the feedback
... a lot of it is editorial
... or confusion
... Anssi is on vacation
... does anyone want to enter the LC bits into the LC tracker [learning a new tool]?
Marcos1: is there a new one?
darobin: no, but it may be new to some people
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to enter the HTML MC LC comments into the tracking tool [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/25-dap-minutes.html#action01]
Marcos1: i'm going on vacation shortly
<trackbot> Created ACTION-562 - Enter the HTML MC LC comments into the tracking tool [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-08-01].
darobin: anything else on HTML Media Capture?
... i'm sure Anssi will take an editing pass when he comes back
darobin: there's been discussion, a spec, some tests
... i'm using the same link for the spec and tests
... not what i intended to do
darobin: it's a pretty cool, pretty simple draft
... do we want a CfC to publish it?
Marcos1: i'd support that
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to start a CfC for Light [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/07/25-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-563 - Start a CfC for Light [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-08-01].
Josh_Soref: i'm rather skeptical about all of this
... i expect browser UAs to be able to do things more intelligently if they evolve on their own
Marcos1: from working w/ darobin on a course
... there's a trend in mobile developers creating interfaces designed for outdoors
... i agree with you, Josh_Soref, that intelligently adapting on the UA side would be great
Josh_Soref: but that's a Media Query
... instead of proposing low level api first
... propose a Media Query
darobin: i hear your concerns, Josh_Soref
... but i think they'd be better addressed by having a venue in which to sort these things out
... than by not having it
Marcos1: note that they're unprefixed in Aurora/Firefox Mobile
darobin: you should voice your concern in the CfC
Marcos1: i agree, there's something that doesn't feel quite right
... hopefully we can get a prefixed version with the mozilla guys
Josh_Soref: i don't like the idea of these things being native exposed apis
... as opposed to being intents
... because when i'm using a car / phone in a car / tablet in a car
... the onboard sensor for the UA that's hosting the system
... may be very far from the physical user
... and thus give the wrong answer
... whereas an Intent could do the right thing
darobin: nothing prevents us from morphing from an API to an Intent
... do we have a subscribe verb?
... yes we do
gmandyam: if we take this on as an Intent form
... does that tie us to the intent discovery process in the UA?
... i have a problem with intents from a mobile perspective
darobin: the question is whether the WG wants to take on the work?
Marcos1: can we just gather UCs?
... it's an unofficial draft
Josh_Soref: what will happen for discovery is that a mobile device will know about its one on-board sensor
gmandyam: yes, we may not want to expose details to users
Josh_Soref: it's only about specs, we don't specify UI
[ Marcos tries to explain the plan ]
darobin: i don't think we want to publish
Marcos1: i agree
... let's chat a bit more
... let's wait on a reference implementation
... and explore the UCs
darobin: that sounds good to me
... thanks a lot for putting the spec together
... if you get back from vacation, you can take this up
[ Discussion of Node.js / NodeBots ]
[ Adjourned ]
trackbot, end meeting