See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 01 August 2012
<scribe> scribe: Josh_Soref
fjh: i think the agenda was missing in the minutes
... we'll approve the minutes next time
[ it was, it has been added into the minutes for archival purposes ]
<fjh> Welcome additional new members to DAP, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jul/0066.html
fjh: dougt made changes in response to comments
<fjh> dougt response - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jul/0071.html
fjh: dougt made changes to include "Ambient" in the title
<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Publish Ambient Light Events as FPWD having shortname "light"
Josh_Soref: i'd rather something less ambiguous
... light could be for turning on / off light emitting devices
<Clarke> I agree with Josh.
<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Publish Ambient Light Events as FPWD having shortname "ambientlight"
Josh_Soref: people don't type urls anyway
dsr: i'd go with hyphenation
<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Publish Ambient Light Events as FPWD having shortname "ambient-light"
<Clarke> Especially if we're talking about something that enables UPnP and other home automation protocols
fjh: that change matches the title
RESOLUTION: Publish Ambient Light Events as FPWD having shortname "ambient-light"
<fjh> ACTION: darobin to prepare Ambient Light Events for FPWD publication, including change of shortname to "ambient-light" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/08/01-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-564 - Prepare Ambient Light Events for FPWD publication, including change of shortname to "ambient-light" [on Robin Berjon - due 2012-08-08].
fjh: technical discussion needs to happen on Web Intents list
<fjh> WebActivities and WebIntents - Comment/discussion on proposal? http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2012-July/036719.html
fjh: i think some messages only went to DAP
... there's a proposal from hixie
... there's a requirement we need to talk about
... sicking + mounir in their message raised an important requirement
... to be able to go to a page/open a new page
... not show the default page
... incorporating that, so as to not confuse the user
fjh: i'm not used to TFs
... it makes sense to get things we can dispense with done
... that doesn't require much discussion
Jungkee: i got a statement from canon people
... a major topic was about the type of intent parameter
... [something] about metadata
Jungkee: here i made a table of meta data
... in appendix 3
... what i want to do is verify a set of properties
... with a service provider
... if we have contact points to service providers in this group
... that'd help
fjh: what about blob: and uri stuff?
... and keyword filtering?
Jungkee: we need to deliver either blob: or URI
... i think we can discuss this later on with the lazy blob proposal
... darobin mentioned it at the f2f
... to make the spec move forward
... metadata needs to be verified with service providers
Jungkee: and also type needs to be discussed
... i'm thinking that media type/filtering criteria will be on the service implementer side
... that gives them the flexibility
... and makes it simple from the client side
fjh: one thing is to share the draft to the Web Intents TF
Jungkee: i posted my email to the Web Intents TF
fjh: ok, i see that, thank you
... anything else on that today?
<Jungkee> Media captue
fjh: it seems we need to figure this out, it's kind of important
fjh: i know there is stuff on proximity
... dtran did some testing on proximity
... i don't think there are any pressing actions
<Zakim> richt_, you wanted to talk in AOB
richt_: we agreed at the f2f to publish service-discovery-messaging
... we're agreeing internally
... we want to try to push it next week
... it's slightly delayed, but we're working with other groups internally
fjh: are you talking about a FPWD or an ED
... i think it's an Unofficial Draft, there's a template for that
richt_: we'll try to do that by next week
fjh: send an email to the list saying "here's the url for the unofficial draft"
... anything else to discuss?
[ Nothing ]
[ Adjourned ]
trackbot, end meeting