Re: Moving Ambient Light Tests, Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 15 August 2012

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:05:58 +0200
Cc: "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
On Aug 15, 2012, at 16:53 , Tobie Langel wrote:
> On 8/15/12 3:50 PM, "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com"
> <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess there is a negligible risk that two w3 wg would have the same
>> shortname in use;
>
> On TR/ ?

It's simply impossible that two specs would have the same shortname. That's why, while we're busy bikeshedding, I'd like to suggest that the common practice be to call the repository $shotName-tests. That is to say: drop the WG name from it. Most people don't know which group does what, if they even know what a group is. It's not very useful information to add.