Re: Networked Service Discovery and Messaging - first draft published

From: Eyal Sela (ISOC-IL) <eyal@isoc.org.il>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:30:55 +0300
To: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
Cc: robin@berjon.com, richt@opera.com, public-device-apis@w3.org
Hello,
I'd consider adding a short paragraph that explains:
1. The concept of 'discovery protocols'
2. The fact that only user agents will need to implement the API to
communicate using a protocol *that is already implemented by the peripheral
devices*.

Eyal Sela | Project Manager, Technology Committee & the Israeli W3C office

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM, <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

> +1, also indication of any threats and assumptions that the reader should
be aware of.

> regards, Frederick
>
> Frederick Hirsch
> Nokia
>

> On Aug 6, 2012, at 6:48 AM, ext Robin Berjon robin@berjon.com
>  wrote:
>
> > On Aug 3, 2012, at 20:00 , Rich Tibbett wrote:
> >> I'm not a huge fan of Individual Security and Privacy Consideration
sections in specs. It's Important to tackle these things by design and
include security as part of the defined algorithms. Having said that, if
the group thinks this is a good idea then we can add something along those
lines.

> > There are two aspects to take into account here. One is designing
security right into the technology's model and not bolting it on in a
separate section (that might not get implemented). The other is catering to
readers who might not give a rat's hind about discovery in JS but who want
to do a security review of the spec. Those are the people for whom a
dedicate security section can be useful. I think it can be a short affair,
perhaps a couple paragraphs stating that security blah can be found in
sections foo.