Re: Battery Status API changes since the last publication

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:10:15 +0100
To: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Cc: "public-device-apis public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>

On Tuesday, 17 April 2012 at 08:48, Anssi Kostiainen wrote:

> Hi Marcos,
>
> The API is designed to cater to developers using it both synchronously (e.g. in game main loops) as well as asynchronously (most regular use cases), so there are some calculated trade-offs re ergonomics.
>
> I believe developers will wrap the API and bake it into libraries for the ease of use.
This was also my initial reaction (building a wrapper, because some of the strings used in the API are kinda hard to remember without copy/paste or looking at the spec). Anyway, it's great that there are initial implementations already. Looking forward to using this in mainstream browsers soon.

Don't forget that, if you want library developer feedback on the API, you can also email the Script Lib Community Group for a review:
http://www.w3.org/community/scriptlib/

Thanks again, and nice work! :)