RE: Review of Sensor API Specification 09 April 2012

From: Carr, Wayne <wayne.carr@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:46:51 +0000
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
CC: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
>> This is not the generalized API. This is the specific, direct API for sensors on the
>device.
>
>Ok, I know this is a dumb question, but "which device?" Maybe we can scope it a
>bit to a class of hardware (I know that this is kinda defined at the end

The device the UA is running on.    The UA decides if it wants to expose a sensor or not using the API.  But this is intended to by the simple JS API that some wanted available.

For more general service/sensor discovery there could also be a webintents based spec.  But at least one browser vendor said they were interested in a simple JS API (without discovery).  That's what this is.