Re: Sensor API

Le jeudi 29 septembre 2011 à 14:49 +0200, JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA a
écrit :
> DeviceOrientation spec talks about "The information provided by the events
> is not raw sensor data, but rather high-level data which is agnostic to
> the underlying source of information." but Sensor API is intended to
> provide raw sensor data. In theory there is a subtle difference between
> the two. The article at [1] gives a good explanation on the difference
> between raw sensor data and smoothed data coming from the accelerometer.

Thanks for the link!

> In any case I would like to see some kind of convergence / compatibility
> between the two mechanisms. I think We need to contact the proposers and
> implementors of the Device Orientation event spec to have a more clear
> view.

Yes, I agree the two APIs should converge at least in design; I think it
will be simpler to reach that convergence if we start by keeping the
scope of the two proposed specs separate, and thus remove
accelerometer/gyroscope/orientation for the sensors API —
re-instantiating it would be easy if needed later on anyway.

Thanks,

Dom