Re: Discovery API proposals: call for comments

There's also another angle to these proposals that is definitely worth
mentioning.

Both CORS and Discovery binding are proposed as complimentary solutions
for enabling cross-origin messaging. In CORS the service provider
authorizes other domains to access cross-origin resources. In a
discovery proposal, the user authorizes this cross-origin messaging
rather than the service provider. The end result is intended to be the
same - authorized access to cross-origin resources - albeit with that
authorization provided by a different actor in each proposal.

It might be worth noting that point in the proposal itself. It's
actually a proposal to solve a very real current problem with all the
added benefits of also hooking in to already well-defined service
discovery mechanisms.

- Rich