Re: [battery] addEventListener side effects, ordering & boundary crossing of battery{low, critical}, window.on*

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 11:35:18 +0200
To: "public-device-apis@w3.org WG" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, "Anssi Kostiainen" <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 14:19:30 +0200, Anssi Kostiainen
<anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com> wrote:
> All - Would you like the working group to make progress based on this
> alternative proposal instead of the current Editor's Draft? Any
> comments, bug fixes etc. are welcome.

If the events are dispatched asynchronously you do not need a start()
method as far as I can tell. You can just start the events the moment you
construct BatteryStatusEventSource(). Since they are dispatched from a
task queue you should have time to add event listeners in the same task
you construct the object.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/