Re: Sensors API : New draft. Includes discovery proposal

Probably you are referring to GPS as another kind of sensor. Nonetheless,
you cannot assume that positioning data is coming always from a GPS but
from other mechanisms, such as cellid or information about the network you
are currently connected ... Thus a GeoLoc specific API is still necessary

Best