Re: DOM4 in DAP specs

On Oct 7, 2011, at 09:23 , Anssi Kostiainen wrote:
> On 6.10.2011, at 16.57, ext JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:
>> I have seen that DOM4 is referenced in the BatteryEventSource spec.
>> I don't know if there is any recommendation or guideline in the group that suggests to use DOM4, particularly for new events that are being defined within specs.
>>
>> My concern is that if we normatively reference DOM4 we can have problems if we want that specs progress to Rec in a reasonable short time frame. Maybe I'm wrong but I would like to know more about this.
>
> I'd expect normative references while DOM4 is not a Recommendation to be allowed similarly to the proposal at [1]. But I defer to the Chairs and the Team on this process issue.

Normally that special regimen only applies to HTML5. But I suspect that this will not be the last spec to want to refer to DOM4 so a similar situation is likely to arise.

Either way, we'll handle this when we reach LC (or CR). You never know, the problem might just go away in the meantime if the design changes :)