Device APIs Working Group Teleconference

30 Nov 2011


See also: IRC log


Frederick_Hirsch, Deepanshu_Gautam, Clarke_Stevens, Kihong_Kwon, Josh_Soref, SungOk_You, Anssi_Kostiainen, Niklas_Widell, Sakari_Poussa, Dave_Raggett, Bryan_Sullivan, Wonsuk_Lee, Cathy_Chan
Robin_Berjon, Dominique_Hazael-Massieux


<trackbot> Date: 30 November 2011

<fjh> Scribe: Clarke


fjh: Please complete questionnaire for dates of next F2F in March 2012: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Nov/0003.html (Dom)
... FPWD of Vibration API published, http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-vibration-20111117/
... Last Call of Battery API published, review comments requested before 20 December: http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-battery-status-20111129/
... ReSpec patch for IE9, thanks to Travis,
... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Nov/0235.html
... proposed RESOLUTION: Cancel teleconference on 7 December 2011
... possible agenda addition, sensors

Cancelling next week's call

<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Cancel teleconference on 7 December 2011

RESOLUTION: Cancel teleconference on 7 December 2011

Minutes Approval


<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 23 November 2011 are approved.

RESOLUTION: Minutes from 23 November 2011 are approved.

Media Capture Task Force


fjh: subscribe to the list to participate in this work

Josh_Soref: media task force - first draft
... updated draft sent this morning

<fjh> http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia.html

fjh: look at link and get on list if you have interest

Battery API

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Nov/0245.html (Anne)

Entered as LC-2574, 2575


AnssiK: Think privacy issue is handled
... can ask for guidance
... most substantial comment related to task queues

<Josh_Soref> I favor queuing

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Nov/0257.html

AnssiK: comments against using queues and dispatching single events
... I think we can resolve this easily
... I will make this happen soon

fjh: We now resolve all the last call comments
... seek approval of resolutions to comments
... think we can go straight to CR if comments are addressed
... no rush to publish right now
... may be worthwhile for AnssiK to respond to comments

AnssiK: I'm happy to discuss this on the mailing list
... then I can do edits
... If you have patches, please send them to the mailing list

fjh: minor comment about editing

AnssiK: Josh had some comment on queuing

<fjh> minor comment link, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Nov/0258.html

Josh_Soref: I would favor model of HTML5 [bus noise]

fjh: Please start discussion on list and make sure everybody agrees:

Proximity sensor API

Proposal, ACTION-467,


fjh: Please review this and discuss on the list
... heads up to look at this and discuss on list

Ambient light topic

Proposal, ACTION-467,

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Nov/0238.html (Dom)

fjh: some issues seem a little far out
... unless people say otherwise we will move things forward
... please respond on list if you have comments

Web Intents task force

archive, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-intents/2011Nov/

wiki, http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebIntents

fjh: tools are set up. Now we're beginning to get into discussions


fjh: there have been some proposed edits - Wonsuk?
... might be useful to capture where we are on the list

<fjh> some changes to the sensors draft have been discussed and roughly agreed on the list, at some point the draft should reflect these if it moves forward

fjh: correct me if that is not correct


fjh: will have call in 2 weeks
... if we can finish battery comments before holidays, that would be good
... any other topics
... any other business? implementations?
... plenty of work for next 2 weeks
... Please review webintents before next meeting, getusermedia, join task forces, review mail list, review battery last call issues

March F2F

Deep: question about next meeting
... we can host meeting in China
... wanted to make sure people know about that

fjh: 2 possible hosting venues
... near 19th of March
... respond to questionaire

<fjh> Please complete questionnaire for dates of next F2F in March 2012: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Nov/0003.html

fjh: thanks for reminder
... assuming hosting volunteers have approval and venue


fjh: Josh will generate minutes

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009-03-02 03:52:20 $