Re: Proposal for ambient light

From: Christian Timmerer (ITEC) <christian.timmerer@itec.uni-klu.ac.at>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:25:08 +0100
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>

Dear Dominique, all,

Regarding ambient light (and also some other devices/APIs you're discussing recently, e.g., vibrator) I'd like to draw your attention to [1] which provides comprehensive information about "sensory experience". The data formats which we're using are standardized in MPEG-V Part 3 referred to as "Sensory Information" (defining sensory effects) and we have also implementations (annotation tool, stand-alone player, Web browser plugin) and datasets. All details you can find at [1] but I'm also happy to provide further details if needed.

Best regards,
 -Christian

[1] http://selab.itec.aau.at/

:--
:- Dr. Christian Timmerer
:- Ass.-Prof., Multimedia Communication, Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
Q: Why is this email three sentences or less?
A: http://three.sentenc.es