Re: [vibration] Preliminary thoughts on the vibrator spec

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:09:39 +0200
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, DAP WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>, public-device-status@w3.org
To: ext Justin Lebar <jlebar@mozilla.com>
Hi Justin,

On 9.11.2011, at 21.39, ext Justin Lebar wrote:

> I have a few more comments; mostly nits.
>
>> "If pattern is 0, an empty list, null or undefined"
>
> Nit: "null, or undefined", unless the W3C has a rule against the
> Oxford comma [1].

Fixed -- it's just my Finnish shining through :)

>> If pattern is a list, proceed to the next step, otherwise run the following substeps:
>
> Nit: This is a comma splice, the second comma should be a semicolon or
> a period.

Fixed.

>> For each entry in pattern, run the following substeps: If entry exceeds an implementation dependent limit, the user agent may throw a NotSupportedError exception and abort these steps.
>
> Nit: s/implementation dependent/implementation-dependent

Fixed.

> Nit: You could write this without a loop, as:
>
>    "If any element of pattern exceeds an implementation-dependent limit..."

Changed to:

[[

If any entry of pattern exceeds an implementation-dependent limit, then the user agent may throw a NotSupportedError exception and abort these steps.

]]

>> If the length of pattern is greater than 1 and divides by 2 leaving no remainder
>
> Use "even" here, please.

Changed to:

[[

If the length of pattern is even, then remove the last entry in pattern.

]]

>> Otherwise pause [HTML5] for a period of time milliseconds.
>
> Nit: "pause for |time| milliseconds."  (You "Pause for a period of
> time," but you "pause for 42 milliseconds.")

Fixed.

[...]

Thanks!