CfC: Shelving "The Messaging API"

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 17:27:06 +0100
To: DAP <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Dear all,

following the process outlined in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Nov/0026.html I am proposing that we shelve:

The Messaging API
   http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/messaging/
   http://www.w3.org/TR/messaging-api/

This API has progressively been restricted from a useful surface to something that's extremely limited, for security reasons. The group hopes that we can recover much of the earlier functionality and idea by following a new design. But while we work on this, we should tell people we're looking at something new.

Please answer this CfC before our next call on Nov 16. Thanks!