Re: Contacts API and Portable Contacts: pref versus primary

From: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:21:49 +0200
To: Arnaud Quillaud <arnaud.quillaud@oracle.com>
CC: portablecontacts@googlegroups.com, public-device-apis@w3.org
Arnaud Quillaud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Going through the interesting exercise of trying to map vCard/Portable
> Contacts/Contacts API.

Please do share any results if you can.

> Poco makes use of a "primary" attribute to indicate the preferred value
> when a field is multivalued when W3C uses a "pref" attribute.

Meanwhile, vCard (v4) uses 'pref' so as long as some logical mapping
exists between both vCard and PoCo then I'm not sure which needs to take
precedence.

> Somehow related: the Contacts API |ContactAddress|
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/contacts-api/#idl-def-ContactAddress> interface
> does not include a pref/primary attribute, nor does it include a type
> attribute.

Right, I agree both of these parameters should be added (also to
ContactOrganization btw).

Thanks for the feedback. Please let us know if you come across anything
else in your review.

- Rich