Re: Minimization

From: Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group <Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 14:26:46 +0200
To: "W3C DAP" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Hia device APIs folks --

I've made some updates to my document on API Minimization[1] with a view to
getting something in shape to publish from the TAG (not yet clear if this
would be a note or what) in the Summer time-frame.  The idea is to do
something short that defines the topic area and sets out some architectural
principles.  My time-frame is to try to get something ready for our June TAG
f2f for discussion.  I'm hoping this would be in-line with your needs in
DAP.  Towards that end, I'm wondering if the group has done any additional
thinking in this area which I could incorporate into the document, and if
not could I encourage you to do so? :)  I would especially be interested in
implementation feedback on APIs that incorporate this principle in their
design.

Thanks,
Dan Appelquist

1. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/APIMinimization.html