SysInfo APIs

Hello all,

As we decided to abandon SysInfo APIs for a more simplified manageable mini-specs, it would be wise to start with what we have today since there were much efforts put into this spec by various people in this WG. We should decide on which of these make sense to go forward. Here is a list:

- Power (battery)
- CPU
- Thermal
- Network
- Sensors
- Audio and Video codecs
- Storage
- Output Devices
- Input Devices

We need to re-examine each of these for use cases to see if it still make sense to do. Here are some thoughts:

CPU: A web app can determine if it wants to execute complex verse simple physics models

Thermal: I don't particular think it is useful to get system global temperature. What would a web app does if the system is getting hot?

Sensors: We are discussing about generic sensor APIs on other email threads.

Audio and Video codecs: Should this be part of HTML5 AV?

Storage: Should this be part of Web Storage API?

Output Devices: Only thing that I think is useful here is multiple displays/screens. For instance web app might want to support external display.

Input Devices: What would a web app do with the info like the system has a keyboard? It seems like this transparent to the web app and the web app get the input device via the OS.

Thanks
Dzung Tran