Re: Open standards augmented reality

Rich Tibbett wrote:

>> We just released an Opera Mobile for Android build featuring
>> experimental support for the <device> element [1] and device orientation
>> events [3]:
>>
>> http://my.opera.com/core/blog/2011/03/14/web-meet-device
>>

> We got a little ahead of ourselves and now plan to release this build
> within the next week or so.

.....aaaaaand we're back...this time with getUserMedia [1] instead of
<device>:

http://my.opera.com/core/blog/2011/03/23/webcam-orientation-preview

Check out the blog post above for specific details and download the
first experimental build containing what we consider to be all the
fundamental components for AR in a web browser.

Let us know if you produce something cool :)

- Rich

[1]
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete/video-conferencing-and-peer-to-peer-communication.html#obtaining-local-multimedia-content

--