W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > March 2011

Re: DAP 15-16 March 2011 F2F Highlights

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:40:34 +0000
To: <Claes1.Nilsson@sonyericsson.com>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Message-ID: <FAE066C1-CE4D-4288-B469-FFA59A50F2AF@nokia.com>
Claes

Yes that makes sense, thanks for the good wording. We probably should also include Intents in that item as well?

We also need to consider the impact of the BBC proposal and whether it can be modularized with a piece that makes sense for DAP - I forgot to include that in the list as it  has been a mail list discussion.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia



On Mar 23, 2011, at 10:31 AM, ext Nilsson, Claes1 wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Regarding the point " Work under consideration for chartering + discovery" I suggest that we add a deliverable to section 3.1 "Recommendation-Track Deliverables":
> 
> * An API that enables Web content to discover resources and services, no matter where they are hosted, and gain permission to interact with them. Such a mechanism is for example the Web Introducer (http://web-send.org/introducer/).
> 
> Regards
>  Claes  
> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-
>> request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
>> Sent: den 22 mars 2011 23:25
>> To: public-device-apis@w3.org
>> Cc: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
>> Subject: DAP 15-16 March 2011 F2F Highlights
>> 
>> Highlights from the DAP F2F in Seoul, 15-16 March 2011, Thanks to all
>> who participated. Please indicate any corrections  to these agreed
>> items and next steps ( see minutes [1] [2] for details).
>> 
>> 1. Agreements to publish (CfC = Call for Consensus)
>> 
>> 1a) HTML Media Capture
>> Agreed to update role attribute (Dom action) then publish updated WD
>> (RESOLUTION to publish) followed by CfC for Last Call.
>> 
>> 1b) Messaging
>> Agreed to publish FPWD of Message draft based on alternative URI based
>> approach then to get community feedback on it versus original messaging
>> approach.
>> 
>> 1c) Contacts
>> Agree to CfC for Last Call once editor Rich completes update to remove
>> details on search filters.
>> 
>> 1d) Calentar
>> 
>> Agree to have CfC to publish FPWD once Dom adds note related to time
>> zone issues.
>> 
>> 1e) API Requirements
>> 
>> Update and publish note (Dom)
>> 
>> 1f) Access control requirements.
>> 
>> Review and publish  "Device API Access Control Use Cases and
>> Requirements" as updated Note (Frederick)
>> 
>> 2. Rechartering
>> 
>> Current charter expires in June, WG needs new draft charter by end of
>> April. WG reviewed charter issues during F2F.
>> 
>> Following agreed:
>> 
>> 2a) Remove policy framework
>> 2b) add explicit deliverable for privacy best practices NOTE
>> 2c)  add explicit deliverable for security permissions REC
>> 2d)  add explicit deliverable for  privacy REC deliverable with note
>> that this might be taken over by another group
>> 2e) add explicit deliverable for privacy use cases and requirements
>> NOTE
>> 2f)  Dom to add  "not precluding support for installable web
>> applications" to success criteria section of charter
>> 
>> Note: Security permissions will be merge of "Feature Permissions" and
>> "Permissions for Device API
>> Access" drafts,
>> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebNotifications/publish/FeaturePermissio
>> ns.htm and  http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/api-perms/
>> 
>> Expect to replace Sysinfo with a set of smaller and more explicit
>> deliverables. List not complete but to include Network Connection
>> Specification (action to Suresh to create draft),  Battery Status
>> (Anssi to draft)
>> 
>> Work under consideration for chartering:
>> 
>> + Intents to replace application launcher,
>> + user interaction - vibration, beeps, menus, broken up into separate
>> items
>> + audio volume
>> + home media discovery
>> 
>> Communication log to be removed.
>> 
>> Status of gallery not clear, Wonsuk to summarize use cases/requirements
>> 
>> Web Introducer (formerly Powerbox) might  be included, http://web-
>> send.org/introducer/
>> 
>> Roadmap updated to reflect F2F discussions and planning [3]
>> 
>> 3. Ongoing work
>> 
>> Sysinfo, Bryan to split out a generic sensors draft.
>> 
>> Kangchan to provide n-screen use cases.
>> 
>> Laszlo to create editors draft in DAP space for Feature Permissions
>> draft, integrate comments from Anssi,  and merge with Permissions for
>> Device API Access.
>> 
>> Frederick and Robin to create draft to document open web security model.
>> 
>> 4. Other
>> 
>> Dom introduced the Webinos project to the WG,  an EU research project
>> and also to have related open source, http://webinos.org/about-webinos
>> 
>> The group noted the relationship of the RTC Web work, both in IETF and
>> W3C, specifically http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jennings-rtcweb-api-
>> 00
>> 
>> Somehow the <device> element is no longer in HTML5 draft. What
>> happened?
>> 
>> The WG reviewed open issues and closed a large number, including those
>> associated with a policy framework.
>> 
>> Dom reviewed the WG testing approach with the WG,  will test enable
>> Contacts as a first step once it is published as Last Call.
>> 
>> regards, Frederick
>> 
>> Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
>> Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
>> 
>> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/att-
>> 0097/minutes-2011-03-15
>> 
>> [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/att-
>> 0097/minutes-2011-03-16.html
>> 
>> [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#roadmap
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 23 March 2011 15:41:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:18 GMT