Re: DAP rechartering discussion

Matt, Olivier,

The Universal Remote protocol looks great. At what level, though, would you expect there to be a need for standardization ?

I can presumably implement both client and server side of the protocol using HTML/CSS/Javascript (if I can't then there's a need for standardization right away), so what would remain would be device/application discovery and the initial security aspects.

i.e. how does the Universal Remote client discover that there is a nearby TV supporting the Universal Remote server application (or capable of supporting it) and ask the TV to launch that application (or kick off installation) ?

...Mark