Re: DAP rechartering discussion

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:38:06 +0100
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
To: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
On Mar 11, 2011, at 17:27 , Mark Watson wrote:
> Should the device types mentioned in the new Device And Policy APIs recharter proposal be expanded to include TVs and other such devices which increasingly make use of web technologies ?

The list is definitely not meant to be exhaustive, all Web-connected devices are game. I would however refrain from requiring implementations on all device classes as a condition to Rec  I think that showing that something works usefully on both a computer and something constrained should be enough.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/