RE: Open standards augmented reality

Hi Jerome,

that's interesting...and largely what Argon (the first Mobile AR browser
to implement KHARMA) does.  Although Argon uses the native
location/orientation API as opposed to the browser I believe.

The other big issue, and I was adding this as a reply to your comment
Rich, but the <device> based media capture API [1] isn't really suitable
for AR at all.

>From my reading and experiments it's almost entirely based on the file
API model...however AR is almost entirely based on processing content
within a video/audio stream while also presenting a
preview/post-processing version of that stream in parallel and in
realtime.

I have seen some demos [2] that have visualised information about audio
streams in realtime [3], but haven't seen the equivalent with video
yet...and certainly not on mobile devices.

Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places so any pointers anyone
has would be great 8)

roBman

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-html-media-capture-20100928/
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ1UsLoPX3E&feature=player_embedded