Messaging API proposal

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:28:02 +0100
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi,

As discussed on the call today [1], maybe the best way to go about the
messaging API is to make it as simple as possible by reusing as much of
the URI schemes capabilities (which already handle to/cc/body/subject
etc), and have a simple:
  navigator.sendMessage("mailto:dom@w3.org?subject=Your%20idea%20is%
20fantastic&body=We%20love%you", [Blob1, Blob2], errorCB)
where the list of Blobs would add attachments.

In WebIDL term, we would need to define a single method, à la
        caller void sendMessage (DOMString to, sequence<Blob>
        attachments, messagingErrorCB? errorCB);
and the messagingErrorCB interface.

How does that look?

Dom, for ACTION-348 and ISSUE-107

1. http://www.w3.org/2011/03/09-dap-minutes.html#item10