Audio Volume API?

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 12:35:21 +0100
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Cc: schepers@w3.org
Hi,

As a follow-up to my mobile web app state document [1], someone asked if
there is any work around getting/setting audio volume from within the
Web environment. The use case would be for instance to produce haptic or
visual feedback instead of audio when muted.

I don't think there is any such work, and I don't believe it is in scope
of the proposed new Audio WG [2] (but I would appreciate feedback, e.g.
from Doug, if it actually is).

Should we consider this as part of our rechartering discussions?

Dom

1. http://www.w3.org/2011/02/mobile-web-app-state.html
2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2011Jan/0000.html