Re: Draft minutes F2F day 1, 19 July 2011

On Jul 20, 2011, at 14:16 , Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 7/19/11 5:30 PM, ext Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com wrote:
>> Attached are Draft minutes F2F day 1, 19 July 2011, thanks to Francois, Youenn and Bryan for scribing.
> [[
> Robin: ... The short name of the group remains DAP, even though the P doesn't stand for anything anymore
> ]]
>
> Too help clarify the 'P', is it too late to name this group the DAPI WG?

The group can't do anything about that, but an AC rep such as yourself can certainly take it up to the Team while the charter is still in review (which it is).

If given an opportunity to bikeshed, I wouldn't go for DAPI. I'd either go for Device APIs & Protocols (since we have a protocolar aspect and it keeps the acronym), or the far superior option which no one seems to take seriously enough: Browser Access to Devices.

--
Robin Berjon
  Robineko (http://robineko.com/)