Event firing [Fwd: Re: Spec update: deviceorientation event should fire when listener is first registered]

Hi,

There is a thread in the Geolocation WG about how to properly spec up
firing events as soon as possible (in the context of the device
orientation spec):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2011Jul/thread.html#msg25

We should watch it, and most likely apply the conclusions to the Battery
status events:
        "When an event listener is registered with the event type
        batterystatus, then the user agent must retrieve the relevant
        information and dispatch a BatteryStatusEvent event
        asynchronously"
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/battery-status.html#the-batterystatus---------event

Dom