Re: Request for interested participants in an Health & Welness Web Apps W3C community group

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:45:54 +0200
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, ian.hay@orange-ftgroup.com
To: "Lopez de la Fuente, Jose Manrique" <josemanrique.lopez@andago.com>
Hi,

On Jul 6, 2011, at 09:53 , Lopez de la Fuente, Jose Manrique wrote:
> I would like to give some feedback from W3C DAP WG  to my colleagues in Continua Mobility TF. Do you think it would make sense a W3C Community Group focus in Mobile Web Health (&Wellness)?

I don't think that it is really up to DAP to decide whether or not a community group should be formed. That being said, speaking personally, I think that the topic of Web Health & Wellness is one that is clearly of interest to several DAP participants, and it raises issues and requires solutions that are very much related to those that DAP is working on. As a result I for one would certainly welcome exploration of this domain being carried out in such a group and would make sure that regular coordination happens between DAP and this potential CG.

My only concern is: why "mobile"? The topic doesn't seem to me to need to be restricted to that domain.