RE: Question from Webkit developer related with the use cases of Contacts API

Le lundi 04 juillet 2011 à 12:57 -0400, Josh Soref a écrit :
> Dom wrote:
> > That's probably true; that said, different service providers will
> > demand
> > different level of details organized in different ways, which a browser
> > can't detect (but that a developer on the service provider side can).
>
> My concern is that I don't want a web page/service provider filtering
> out sensitive information. It should never *see* that information.

That's exactly what the contacts API provide. Basically, the Web site
asks what fields it would needs, and the user agent lets the user pick
what she wants to expose to the site (using some pre-filtering based on
what the site requested).

> Here, what I need as a user is not to be told the URL that's asking
> for access to data. I need to see (and control) which data will be
> given to the page, with a line item veto so that I can remove data and
> a way to add extra bits.

Again, that's fully the intent of the Contacts API; if that intent isn't
clear in the specification, suggested wording improvement would be
welcome.

Dom