RE: Question about HTML Media Capture specification

From: Jimenez, Ernesto, VF-Group <Ernesto.Jimenez@vodafone.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 13:36:41 +0200
To: "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org>, <js45.yang@samsung.com>
Cc: <Ilkka.Oksanen@nokia.com>, <public-device-apis@w3.org>, 정상욱 <sangwook@samsung.com>, 이원석 <wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com>, 김규영 <gyuyoung.kim@samsung.com>

According to the spec, the capture *may* be present and just provides *a hint* on what you prefer to use:  an existing image/video/audio file from the FS or capture a new one.

My interpretation from the spec is that the important attribute is accept, which is what instructs what you want to get, and the fact that we have camera/camcorder/microphone as options for capture is just redundant, it could just be new or filesystem.

What is the reason for having camera/camcorder/microphone as capture options when they correlate 1 to 1 with the image/video/audio accept values?

I'm probably missing something :)

Best,
Ernesto