RE: Question about HTML Media Capture specification

According to the spec, the capture *may* be present and just provides *a hint* on what you prefer to use:  an existing image/video/audio file from the FS or capture a new one.

My interpretation from the spec is that the important attribute is accept, which is what instructs what you want to get, and the fact that we have camera/camcorder/microphone as options for capture is just redundant, it could just be new or filesystem.

What is the reason for having camera/camcorder/microphone as capture options when they correlate 1 to 1 with the image/video/audio accept values?

I'm probably missing something :)

Best,
Ernesto