Contacts API - names example?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:50:05 +0200
To: DAP <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi,

This comment is from me as an individual

it's not clear from the specification how to use name.formatted,
displayName and nickName properly. As I understand from reading the
reference given, an example from my life is that my friend's name is
rendered "John John" in my address book, which is neither the
nickname I use to search for him nor the way it should be rendered as a
formatted name.

But since I am unclear, having read the spc and reference carefully, I
would appreciate examples directly placed in the contacts API spec.

cheers

Chaals