Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference

02 Feb 2011


See also: IRC log


Dzung_Tran, Claes_Nilsson, Niklas_Widell, Dominique_Hazael-Massieux, Cecile_Marc, Anssi_Kostiainen, Jerome_Giraud, bryan_sullivan, Ingmar_Kliche
Suresh_Chitturi, Frederick_Hirsch, Lazlo


<trackbot> Date: 02 February 2011

<darobin> fjh, thanks a lot!

<darobin> dom, I need to rush out and back, I might be 90 seconds late

<hta> I have no idea what number I show up as this time...

<nwidell> Need to drop off irc for 20 mins or so, will remain on phone

I can volunteer to be a scribe today

<darobin> Scribe: Anssi

<darobin> ScribeNick: AnssiK

Announcements, meeting planning, logistics

<darobin> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Jan/0006.html

darobin: TPAC 2011 will be in Nov, 2011, five days meeting

<darobin> proposed RESOLUTION: Schedule DAP F2F during TPAC 2011 for 3-4 November 2011.

darobin: DAP proposed to meet Thu+Fri on the TPAC week, ok?

RESOLUTION: Schedule DAP F2F during TPAC 2011 for 3-4 November 2011

<darobin> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Feb/0000.html

darobin: there's Zakim VoIP access, see the link for more info

<darobin> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0096.html

darobin: Messaging API draft was published last week
... let's discuss a bit about the Web Introducer, Claes, any news?

<darobin> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/seoul-f2f-reg/

darobin: (unable to hear Claes)
... there's a reg. page for DAP F2F, time to register to help host work out the logistics

Minutes approval

<darobin> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 19 January 2011 approved

RESOLUTION: Minutes from 19 January 2011 approved


<Zakim> dom, you wanted to mention rechartering

do people want to discuss the APIs now or re-schedule for the next week (low participation)?

dom: we've been working on a new charter
... I've sent a mail to the list to ask for feedback on that
... it's just a draft, and I expect us to spend some time on that during the F2F

<darobin> http://www.w3.org/2010/11/DeviceAPICharter.html

<dom> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Feb/0005.html

dom: all feedback welcome

niklas: what was the main problem with the existing charter

dom: too broad a scope was one thing
... in addition, policy framework and group's approach to privacy
... summary: all changes in the charter were based on specific feedback from implementors

bryan: there are web runtime vendors who are implementing BONDI etc. policy* parts

dom: there has been very little concrete contributions toward the group

bryan: Q on whether policy aspects are baked in the new charter

dom: participation from the implementors is the key, that's lacking re policy*

darobin: feedback re re-chartering can be provided via all the usual channels
... any other issues?


<darobin> thanks AnssiK

<darobin> RRSAgent: make minutes

<darobin> RRSAgent: bye

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009-03-02 03:52:20 $