Re: The Wider Web

On Feb 10, 2011, at 04:42 , Bryan Sullivan wrote:
> But we do not live in a least common denominator environment, instead
> an increasingly diverse environment that requires Web platforms to
> adapt to diverse use cases, app deployment models, and devices.

Precisely: adapt. Not privilege. Being able to adapt to multiple environments does mean some feature trimming, but it's not what I would call a lowest common denominator situation. The alternative is to have something that has more features, but works in fewer places. I think that's a lower mark to aim for.

And working everywhere does not preclude extensions in more vertical contexts.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/